Labels

Cooking (53) Outdoors (32) Travels (44) Updates (36)

Monday, August 19, 2013

SEA Overnight

A day in the life...
I just happened to have good pictures and good fun from some of our last overnights. Exception: SAN! Our latest San Diego overnight involved three great flight attendants, a hilarious captain, lots of sushi, and lots and lots of sake.
But I digress, J and I just had a SEA overnight together and that is always fun if you have enough time to take the train from Sea-Tac into the city of Seattle. That we did. With our third crewmember joining us we walked the waterfront and the Pike Place Market, enjoyed tasty gourmet chocolates, and last but not least had an absolutely fabulous brunch. J enjoyed the salmon cakes with mustard aioli and greens with heirloom tomatoes. Michael, the other flight attendant, and I could not pass up the french toast with mascarpone and warm maple syrup (that had whole blueberries in it). It also came with the crispiest bacon I have ever eaten, though I gave most of it to Michael.

The joys of PM trips: you get in when the next day's paper is already published. :P
My tasty caffeine-free rooibos tea. The boys enjoyed coffee. I am loving my caffeine-free herbal teas since I seem to become horribly sick when I have much caffeine .
Victor Steinbrueck Park, across the street from Etta's where we had our wonderful brunch, and just at the north end of the Pike Place market.
At the waterfront.

Pike Place Market.

Street entertainer.

Yummy smelling coffee (sniffs are caffeine free).

No comments: