Labels

Cooking (53) Outdoors (32) Travels (44) Updates (36)

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rockies v. Giants 8/24/09

Last night, Jeremy and I went to the Rockies game to watch them play the last in a series against the Giants, a team they are battling to stay ahead of in the wild card race. Here is the article from the Denver post: Rox jolt Giants with grand slam in 14th inning

In short, the game went on for 14 innings. At the ninth inning the game was tied 1-1, which meant extra innings. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14.


Jeremy, during the 12th inning...I think.

I'm not a sports reporter and I know very little about baseball, but hopefully I can sum this up well enough for everyone to understand (and also not make a fool of myself). At the top of the 14th the Giants scored three runs. Then the Rockies were up. It was a less than perfect situation, however with the bases eventually loaded and our pitcher Eaton walked by the Giants, we got a run when Dexter Fowler had to come home. 4-2, Giants.

After that, still with the bases loaded, Ryan Spilborghs (which I just checked and I can't believe I spelled right) hit a grand slam, bringing home all four Rockies - and bringing in the Rox win with 6 runs!

It was fantastic, and long (just a few minutes under five hours) and I'm exhausted. It was well worth it!


Coors Field, around midnight-ish, after the Rockies won 6-2 in the bottom of the 14th.

No comments: