Labels

Cooking (53) Outdoors (32) Travels (44) Updates (36)

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Six Years! Denver Restaurant 2014! And Love.

Happy March, I know! But I am just now working on all the pictures I took in February. I am sure I took hundreds, but I narrowed them down to about 60, and I will only have published maybe 20 in these last two posts, so I think I'm doing okay!

February in Denver is always fun. Well, not really. Now it's just cold with no cozy holidays and more snow and more ice. But I guess there is Valentine's Day, though we aren't huge celebrators (though this year we did go out for Belgian fries and pizza with my mom, not to be particularly Valentine's-y, that was just the night we were all around and needing something to do and a place to eat. :P) I digress, J and I always celebrate at the end of February - commemorating when we met - and it happens to coincide beautifully with Denver Restaurant Week.

J and I have had a stretch of nine days off that we are currently working our way through. It looked something like this:

Day 1: Visit friends and their cute, new baby in Loveland.
Day 2: Denver Restaurant Week (just J and I) with reservations at Row 14 downtown and then a walk over to the Chapultepec to hear some jazz before heading home. The "Pec" as it is known is rich in history. Lots of greats have played there, and Ella Fitzgerald used to park her car outside and just listen. Really neat to have just been there, and listen.
Day 3: Dinner with our friends Caren, Kevin, and Caren's mom.
Day 4: Denver Restaurant Week Part 2 withe Kelsie and Josh (and lots of cheese) with reservations at La Fondue. The cheese course was my favorite...it was a white wine, Brie, Fontina, Montery Jack, garlic, fresh cream, basil, pistachio creation that was just freaking perfect.
Day 5: J and Josh watched the final Shocker's basketball win while Kelsie, my mom, and I went to Balistreri for lunch and enjoyed Italian food and lots and lots of great wine.
Day 6: Today! More on that later since we are getting in to March with that info and I'm still trying to catch up on February! :P

Happy Valentine's Day!

Downtown Denver. It's always a little glamorous walking around downtown in heels with all of the lights.

Row 14, celebratory drink(s)

Afterwards some fabulous, and definitely historic, jazz.

This was taken from our booth. Seriously a very intimate way to take in some jazz.

Happy six years! :D

At fondue...we are full of nutella, dark chocolate, and ridiculous sweets.

Here's to another fantastic year!

No comments: