Labels

Cooking (53) Outdoors (32) Travels (44) Updates (36)

Saturday, March 12, 2011

The year 2011. Thusfar.

First, J and I closed out 2010 with a trip to New Orleans for Christmas via Florida, where we stopped in Sarasota and Pensacola. I had a blast taking J to all the places I love so much in and around my hometown...

My sister and I in front of Mr. Bones BBQ.

At the Cock N Bull...my favorite bar in the world.


At Lido Beach, just off St Armand's Circle.


January brought snowboarding...


...and snowshoeing...


...and just lots and lots of snow...


...snow!...


...and melting snow. So we went to Vegas...



...found ourselves ahead at the blackjack tables...

...but subsequently lost it all, so we went out for expensive drinks at a well-known club.


Apparently 50 Cent was there that night.


In February not too much happened except for a wonderful visit to Ann Arbor to see the always-lovely Brittany.

We also had our annual date night which coincides with Denver Restaurant Week. This year we went to Vesta Dipping Grill and enjoyed their four course menu and wine pairing, as well as a specialty drink from their mixologist. We then went to Sport Column to play some intense Foosball before settling in with some Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory goodies and seeing a late showing at the movie theater.

Now it's March...and since I've just caught up in a few blog posts about the last five or so months, hopefully it won't be as long between posts. I am also trying to be more consistent with posting recipes as we try new ones we would like to share.


No comments: